Your IP: 54.163.20.123 United States Near: United States

Lookup IP Information

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Below is the list of all allocated IP address in 103.117.0.0 - 103.117.255.255 network range, sorted by latency.

The house in November 2008 after its initial move James Cooper House is an historic house in Toronto, Canada that in 2008 underwent the largest residential structure relocation in Canadian history. The house is located at the corner of Sherbourne Street and Linden, just south of Bloor Street. It was built in 1881 for James Cooper, a wealthy importer, manufacturer, and retailer of shoes. It was one of many mansions in the Sherbourne and Jarvis area, that was once among Toronto's wealthiest areas. The eight bedroom house was opulently constructed in the Second Empire style. After Cooper departed the building became home to the Keeley Institute for Nervous Diseases, an organization that helped those with alcohol and substance abuse problems. In 1910 it became home to the Toronto Knights of Columbus, who would use the facility as a meeting and fundraising venue for almost a century. The Knights also built an assembly hall attached to the building. The building and its large lot were purchased by the Tridel development corporation in 2005, intending to erect a condominium tower on the site. The building would be preserved, but moved to another part of the lot, being moved about 60 feet. The assembly hall addition would be demolished. This process began in 2008 when the 800 ton house was lifted off its foundation and moved. Tridel's new 32 storey tower is named "James Cooper Mansion," and the old house will serve as an amenities centre for the new building. References Blake Purdy. "Tridel's mansion transfer a $1M deal" Toronto Star. Nov 03, 2007. "Reasons For Designation: James Cooper House." City of Toronto Danielle Wong. "Historic 1881 mansion moved (very slowly) to make room for condos" National Post. September 25, 2008 External links Tridel page on the construction Coordinates: 43°40′15″N 79°22′36″W / 43.670851°N 79.376708°W / 43.670851; -79.376708